Linggo, Agosto 14, 2011

Wowhead Forum Review

Other than private servers, I would like to review official WoW community forums too where I've been into a couple.
I've been using Wowhead since Thottbot shut down in November 2010. At first glance, Wowhead seems like the best WoW forums out there, and it really is. But as time went by, I slowly found out the elitist mindset of the general community. It's truly sad, as they were starting to ignore and isolate me from the forum. I left in March 2011.
But recently, I attempted to return, and they accepted me. I still don't see the real side of them though.
Anyhow, this forum ain't bad if you're looking for some of the most comprehensive insights in WoW (mostly off-game, not in-game).

My Thoughts: 


Comprehensiveness- I can recall a thread in the forums wherein the poll indicated 80% atheists! This is truly intriguing. I may be connected that Wowhead users are one of the best critical thinkers in all of WoW forums! There is a downside though which leads me to elitism.
Elitism- Users don't just criticize invalid points, but they also label you wrongly as troll if they don't agree with you! That happened to me. There is also this core group that bullies some users. If you really wanna make friends in the forum, I think you should show a strong type of personality that dominate theirs. And once you get there, you'll be treated like a king!
Efficiency and Design- Hands down, Wowhead has the best forum format I've ever used. It's a little slow at time though.
Posting authorities- Wowhead's moderation is another thing I like. the mods' actions are quick, and they give you respectable reasons why they lock your thread. I just think it's a little tight though, because nothing should be about a forum user, which leads me to...
Account features- They are really lacking in this one. But as a pure critical community, there is A LOT of hate going on. So, it is understandable that they don't have a private message feature.

Overall Score: 4/5
- This could have been 5/5 really if it weren't for the elitist groups.

Nevertheless, it's one of the best official WoW forums out there!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento